Here is the main page for my November 2006 Election Endorsements. For more direct links, see below.
Here are links to my picks for the California Propositions. Or you can just scroll down to read them sequentially.
- NO. Proposition 1A: Spend the gas tax on things that have a use for gas
- NO. Proposition 1B: Roads, roads, roads!
- YES. Proposition 1C: Housing and Emergency Shelter (or when you got a gorilla at home, you need to have a place to move to!)
- YES. Proposition 1D: Improve School Buildings, Like More Labs and Keep Earthquakes From Squishing Kindergarteners
- YES. Proposition 1E: Keep California From Turning Into Katrina New Orleans
- NO!!!! Proposition 83: Jessica's Let's-Forget-About-Mark-Foley Law
- YES. Proposition 84: Protect Water. Again.
- NONONONONONO!!!!! Proposition 85: The Dead Teenager Act?!?!??! AGAIN?!?!?!?!
- YES. Proposition 86: Tax Cancer Sticks Some More
- YES. Proposition 87: Charge Oil-Drilling Fees, Like They Do Everywhere Else
- YES. Proposition 88: Pay 14 Cents A Day, A Measly 50 Dollars A Year, For Teaching Supplies
- YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!! Proposition 89: Public Financing Of Political Campaigns
- NO NO NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Proposition 90: Rich land fatcats make us pay made-up Enron prices for their land
Here are links to my picks for the California Politicos. This time, I have a lot to choose from.
- GUBERNATOR: Undecided
- LIEUTENANT GUBERNATOR: DONNA J. WARREN, Green
- SECRETARY OF STATE: DEBRA BOWEN, Democrat
- CONTROLLER: JOHN CHIANG. Democrat
- TREASURER: MEHUL M. THAKKER, Green
- ATTORNEY GENERAL: GOVERNOR MOONBEAM (Jerry Brown), Democrat
- INSURANCE COMMISIONER: LARRY CAFIERO, Green
- STATE BOARD OF EQUALIZATION, DISTRICT 1: BETTY T. YEE, Democrat
- U.S. SENATOR: TODD CHRETIEN, Green
- U.S. REPRESENTATIVE, 12TH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT: If no Green, then Spongebob Squarepants
- STATE SENATOR 8TH DISTRICT: LELAND Y. YEE, Democrat
- MEMBER OF THE STATE ASSEMBLY 19TH ASSEMBLY DISTRICT: GENE MULLIN, Democrat
- POMBO SUCKS!!!
Here are links to my picks for the San Mateo politicos. Or you can just scroll past the California Propositions to read the San Mateo stuff sequentially.
- SAN MATEO COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION: OFFICE OF THE GOVERNING BOARD, TRUSTEE AREA 3: RHONDA CECCATO. Incumbent
- SAN MATEO COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION: OFFICE OF THE GOVERNING BOARD, TRUSTEE AREA 4: ANTHONY FEL AMISTAD
- ASSOCIATE JUSTICES OF THE SUPREME COURT: Yes to incumbents
- PRESIDING JUSTICES OF COURT OF APPEAL, DISTRICT 1: Yes to incumbents
To make up my mind, I read my voter guide. I read smartvoter.org (the San Mateo page) to find more information on local candidates and issues. I also used the San Francisco Bay Guardian for more information about the state propositions and the California politicos. As usual for the local non-partisan candidates, I also googled some local newspaper articles and included the links.