Monday, June 05, 2006

Dave Aye's June 2006 Election Picks!

My June 2006 election endorsements.
Read them. Use them. Reply on my blog, or email me and I will post your reply on the blog. Knowledge is power. If I disagree with your reply, I might post something about that. But time is short cuz I am down to the wire again. I did a little video for a friend; I needed to finish that first. (And the formatting is a little screwed up on this post; too much space between lines! I will fix that later, and apologize now for the irritating appearance.)



Here are links to my picks for the California Propositions.




I have no endorsements for the partisan offices, like governor, attorney general, and other great stuff. Who do I have to choose from? Green Party people. I won't waste my time telling you how I am voting here, since no one I know would find that info useful. When, oh when, will I register as "Decline to state" to allow me to vote in any primary I want? I like that the two demo governator wanna-bes are sniping at each other. Maybe I coulda voted against a jerk, and smiled nastily when doing so. But NOOOOO, I hafta choose from clean moral boring Greens! I am gonna take care of this. I'll stay Green, but I won't tell the state.



Here are links to my picks for the San Mateo issues.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, Dave. Just because I said I'm becoming sort of Libertarian doesn't mean I is one! Mainly, what I've come to believe, is that consolidating solutions into massive Government programs is not the best way to solve all problems. In many cases, such consolidation ends up spending massive amounts of taxpayer money, with little effect on the problems it was supposed to address. To whit: Social Security, Medicare, and Welfare, to name some obvious examples.

Wrt. Prop 82, I'm against it because it sets a scary precedent of singling out a specific group of taxpayers to provide general benefits. That's just not fair, and not what the Constitution or the Bill of Rights set out to do. So I say, just say No there! Sure, preschool is good, but let's keep it a personal choice and endevour, not a mandate of the state.