Saturday, March 24, 2007

Anti-global-warming scientists = Exxon cash

Mallard Fillmore cites Thomas Sowell global hot air articles backed by "respected climate scientists" "open-minded" about global-warming.

A 1995 article in Harper's Magazine, Ross Gelbspan said that Richard S. Lindzen "charges oil and coal interests $2,500 a day for his consulting services."

From www.exxonsecrets.org:
Patrick J. Michaels' admits that 20 percent of his funding comes from fossil fuel sources.

From www.sourcewatch.com:
In a September 24, 1993, sworn affidavit, Dr. Singer admitted to doing climate change research on behalf of oil companies, such as Exxon, Texaco, Arco, Shell and the American Gas Association. Dennis Avery works at the Hudson Institute, which received $9.3 million in 1993 from such companies as General Electric, Monsanto, DuPont, and Exxon Mobil.

Open-minded? More like open-handed for oil money.

P.S. I just sent this to the Smirkury news. Let's see if they print it. Or if they's rather listen to a duck (brain the size of a marble).

David Strom
626 Mariners Island Blvd, #207
San Mateo, CA 94404
650-574-8398

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Accusing Dennis Avery and Fred Singer as being payed shills for Exxon is sad.

Fact: Hudson has received a grand total of $10,000 from Exxon over the past decade.

All Hudson Institute funders are listed (and donation amount bracket) in the annual reports, available free at: www.hudson.org

Cheers,
Hudson Institute

Dave Strom said...

Yah still took the cash, yah oil-propaganda butt-head. And I have not even looked at your other contributors.

Sad? Are you kidding me? Thanks for giving me a happy idea of what to write about next, and a way to make your life a little more miserable.

"Ah, Mr. Morden, I have not even started with you yet." Babylon 5

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked this. Show one's gratitude you for sharing. Definitely worth my time.

Anonymous said...

This is a great article as they all are. I bring into the world been wondering nearly this looking for some beat now. Its notable to note down this info. You are fete and balanced.

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of hombre who passions to try unused stuff. Currently I'm making my own photovoltaic panels. I am managing it all alone without the assistance of my staff. I'm utilizing the internet as the only path to acheive that. I encountered a really awesome website that explains how to contruct photovoltaic panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not really sure bout how accurate the data given there is. If some people over here who have xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the page it would be awesome and I would highly value it, because I really take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You people are the best.